Saturday, April 19, 2008

meme-light

1. What is your occupation? Transportation Engineer

2. What color are your socks right now? my favorite: "Schlange"--striped orange hand knit socks made from Opal Yarns Rainforest collection

3. What are you listening to right now? whatever Oscar's watching on the TV. Probably some reality show.

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Burger and tater tots at Dad Watson's in Seattle. Too much food. My stomach hurts now.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Oh yes. I prefer it.

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Midnight blue

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My friend MF

8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? of course. I wouldn't be filling this out if I didn't!

9. How old are you today? 39

10. Favorite drink? believe it or not, I'm a big fan of water.

11. What is your favorite sport to watch? whichever has the cutest guys wearing the smallest outfits.

12. Have you ever dyed your hair? pretty regularly until I was 30, when I had this great idea of starting the new decade of my life by bleaching my brown hair platinum and putting blue streaks in it. Even though I had it professionally done, it needed four separate bleaching applications to get it light enough and it left my scalp terribly blistered and my hair in absolutely awful shape. Once the roots became really noticeable, I dyed it back to my natural color and haven't dyed it too often since then.

13. Pets? Two dogs, Seamus and Kate and two cats, Sasha (aka Mr Whineypants) and Maggie

14. Favorite food? I love so many foods it's hard to narrow it down. Mashed potatoes. Oscar's gyoza. Sushi. Pho. Green Tea Ice Cream.

15. Last movie you watched? It's been awhile. I think "No Country for Old Men"

16. Favorite Day of the year? Thanksgiving. Any holiday based on nothing but good food is my kind of day.

17. What do you do to vent anger? stuff it right down into the pit of my stomach where it festers.

18. What was your favorite toy as a child? My stuffed dog named Beautiful.

20. Hugs or kisses? hugs, but I wouldn't give up the chance to kiss Orlando Bloom. Or Johnny Depp. Or Takashi Kaneshiro.

21. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry.

22. When was the last time you cried? Not sure really

23. What is on the floor of your closet? Boxes

24. Who is the friend you have had the longest? My friend Mr B, whom I have known since I was 16.

25. Who is the friend you see the least and miss often? Katze

26. Favorite smells? laundry dried in the sun, freshly cut herbs (except dill, which I hate with a passion), fresh baked bread, the scent of electrical discharge (it reminds me of making cakes with my mom, which is a really pleasant memory in our usually tumultuous relationship)

27. Who inspires you? believe it or not, Bono.

28. What are you afraid of? rats

29. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? cheese, with extra pickles!

30. Favorite car? I hate driving, but it would probably more pleasant in a Mini.

31. Favorite dog breed? mutts and Rottweilers

32. Number of keys on your key ring? too many

33. How many years at your current job? 1.5

34 Favorite day of the week? Sunday

35. Who is your favorite in-law? my mother in law, although I think (most of) Oscar's family is pretty awesome. I got lucky in the in-law department. He got the crazy ones.

36. Do you think you're funny? I believe I have a sense of humor. I don't know if I'm funny though. Occasionally witty.

No comments: