Friday, June 06, 2008

Stray Cat Strut

At least I think he's a stray. 

A few nights ago, Kate was barking furiously at something in the backyard; and when Oscar went outside to see what was going on, he'd found that she'd treed the most incredibly friendly black cat in the lilac tree. He was so happy when he saw people! He has an incredibly loud purr and a terribly kinked tail. It looks it had been badly broken in about four places and healed in a very strange S-shaped kink. 

We weren't sure if he were a stray so we just put out some food for him and went back outside. I've asked some some neighbors if anyone knows whose cat it is, and people think he's a stray. He doesn't have a collar, he is skinny but not as skinny as many stray cats I've seen. 

He came back tonight so we brought him in. He is so sweet and friendly that I want to make sure that he gets a good home. But I'm also concerned that he might be a neighbor's cat but from another street. I'll take him to the vet to have him scanned for a microchip but I doubt that he has one. I'm just assuming that someone who would go through the trouble of chipping a cat would have also had the cat fixed, which he is not. 

No comments: