Saturday, July 19, 2008

how does Paypal work?

Seriously. 

I admit that I like using Paypal if I have to make an online transaction. I thought the business model worked by drawing money from my account immediately and then holding it for a few days before releasing it to the recipient (Paypal holds the money for a few days to earn interest on it). But on the last three paypal transactions I've done, the money has been released to the payee immediately but not withdrawn from my account until several days later. This seems totally backwards, as well as confusing for me. I don't like having to check my bank account transactions to see if those payments had gone through yet. 

Ah well. I guess I have to think of Paypal as if the transactions were actual paper checks. Annoying. 

No comments: