"Cobbler with Butter Cookie Dough Topping"
from The Best Recipe by the editors of Cook's Illustrated Magazine
3 pints fresh blueberries or 36 oz frozen
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
juice of one lemon (or 2 tbsp)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
8 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. adjust the oven rack to middle position and heat the oven to 400 degrees. Scrape fruit mixture into 9-inch deep pie plate and cover with aluminum foil. Place pie plate on rimmed baking sheet and bake until fruit begins to release liquid, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl and set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
4. After 15 minutes, remove baking sheet with pie plate from oven, uncover the pie plate and stir fruit. Drop the cookie dough topping by heaping tablespoonfuls evenly over fruit.
5. Return pie plate on baking sheet to oven. Bake until topping is nicely browned and fruit is bubbly, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in pan before serving. (Cobbler can be kept at room temperature for several hours and reheated just before serving.)