Sunday, March 02, 2008

the right tool for the job

I hate my vacuum cleaner. Absolutely hate it.

I don't hate it simply because I dislike vacuuming/dusting. No, I hate it because it's a piece of crap that makes a much disliked chore even more onerous.

We got it right after we moved because we'd left our other one behind. The casing was broken and sadly, it would have cost more to fix it than to buy a new one. I wish now we hadn't gotten rid of it because even its semi-functional state, it still works better than the piece of *#$%@ that we have now.

I'd thought about getting a room air purifier when our tax refund check comes (there's a lot of dirt in the air around here), but now I may use that money and buy a good vacuum cleaner. Although, if I have a good air purifier, maybe I don't need to ever vacuum or dust at all?????

No comments: