Friday, March 07, 2008

Life imitates art?

There's a very funny bit in the film LA Story where the main character where the main character (a TV weatherman in living in Los Angeles) decides to visit his best friend, and so walks out to the front of his house, gets in his car, and drives...to the house next door.

Yesterday, U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name" came on the radio right as I was turning the corner onto my street (which does have a name, thank you), and I decided to hang out in the car and listen to it, since I like the song and hadn't heard it in a long time. During the first verse, I noticed our Street's Moral Caretaker* get into her truck and drive away. She waved to me and I waved to her (I can be civil), and then I noticed in my rear view mirror that she pulled over in front of a neighbor's house (two houses down), get out, and go inside. By the end of the song, she was still in the house.

Nobody walks in LA. Apparently, nobody walks in Tacoma either.

*aka She Who Gets on My Nerves

No comments: