Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm trying, dammit!

I'm going to do my very best not to publicly obsess about this weight loss thing, but I have to admit that it's just about the only thing I can think of right now. (Roseanne had a great list of the first 10 steps to weight loss. I wish I could find it, but I do remember that the first step was "join Weight watchers and become obsessed with food.")

I suppose it's a nice break from yakking on and on about yarn and knitting. :P

I was having a bad day yesterday, full of self-doubt and anger. I knew I would come to that phase eventually; I just didn't expect it to happen on day 10. I decided to go to a meeting, even though I'd already gone this week, hoping it would be the moral boost that I needed. I really liked the leader; she had a much better vibe than the one who leads the Tuesday group (who unfortunately has the same cheerfully bubbly personality of hairdressers and dental hygienists, which always strikes me as somewhat false.) However, the Friday group also contained two women who are quite possibly the most negative people on the planet. I'm not sure I want to switch if I have to deal with them every week. Perhaps they were also having a bad day and bonding in their misery. But, I did feel a lot better after the meeting, and got the moral boost I needed.

Plus, I bought a new pair of shoes. That also helped. :P

On a positive note, I did actually walk 10,000 steps yesterday. This is the first time I've made it. With my normal routine, plus walking to the library during lunch, and walking the dogs, I reach 7500 hundred steps without any problem. I didn't go to the library yesterday, but I did walk back from the meeting (the shoe store was right on the way, so no detour for that), so I guess that did it. And I am a bit sore today; not bad, but I feel it.

No comments: